For those of us who oppose our nations departure from the EU the last few hours of 2020 are a very difficult time. However the claim by Rishi Sunak in the last few hours that the Brexit trade deal agreed on Christmas Eve can be an “enormously unifying moment for our country” is a useful reminder of where his political party is promising to take our nation. These words are the items from their manifesto just over a year ago
Get Brexit done – and we
- end the division and deadlock that have been so bad for our politics.
- restore confidence and certainty to businesses and families.
- will see a pent-up tidal wave of investment into our country.
- can focus on the priorities of the British people, funding the NHS and tackling the cost of living.
- can release that lion from its cage and take this amazing country forwards.
Use our new post-Brexit freedoms to transform the UK for the better by focusing on your priorities.
So we can presumably look forward to our priorities to be listened to by the Government through local Conservative politicians and for those people who do not have a Conservative MP one can assume that the end of the division and deadlock between opposition parties and the Government is about to emerge?